Looked after children

There are many children that can’t stay with their parents. When this happens, it can be an upsetting and confusing time. Your social worker should talk to you about why you are in care and what that means for you.

You can ask your social worker as many questions as you want, questions like:

  • Why can’t I live with my family?
  • Can I still see/talk to my family?
  • How long will I be living with caregivers?
  • What if I don’t like where I’m living?

You can also look at the Hillingdon kids in care website pages

The info for care kids is a great website designed to help you with information, advice and useful links to further resources.